Saturday, June 28, 2008

Versatile Vinaigrette

I am growing just about everything imaginable this year. Some things are doing really well, others not so good. I have lettuce growing in a container on my front deck and it looks really good. I decided the other day to use it to make a salad for dinner. I also have radishes in a container so I decided to pick some of those too. Unfortunately, the radishes fall into the not so good catergory and the biggest one I found was about the size of a pea. It still tasted like a radish though. Anyway, I wanted to make a different kind of dressing for the salad and I found this recipe in a light cooking book. It was really easy and it tasted great. It says that it is a good dressing for pasta salad too which I am looking forward to trying soon too.

Versatile Vinaigrette from Six Ingredients or Less Cookbook

1/4 cup olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T Dijon Mustard

Combine ingredients; mix well to blend (I used a whisk to mix). Makes about 1/2 cup.

No comments: