Saturday, June 14, 2008

John's Summertime Slaw

I really like coleslaw. I wish that my husband did too, but he won't even try it. I make it anyway because I really like it and this recipe is awesome! I don't worry about eating this all by myself because it is some of the best and easiest coleslaw to make.

John's Summertime Slaw from the Dinner Doctor cookbook

1 bag (16 oz) coleslaw mix
1/2 c chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1/2 c mayo
1/4 c sweet pickle juice (I omitted since I didn't have any and added a little extra pickle relish)
3 T pickle relish
3 T sugar, or more to taste
1 tsp seasoned salt, or more to taste

Place the coleslaw mix, onion and green pepper in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the center of the slaw mixture and add the mayo, pickle juice, pickle relish, sugar and seasoned salt. Stir with a fork to mix the dressing and the slaw mixture with a wooden spoon to combine. Serve at once or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

No comments: