Sunday, June 8, 2008

Stuffed Mushroom Caps

This is just a recipe I came up with by myself. Our grocery store had whole mushrooms on sale so I picked up a few cartons. I used some for a pizza or something, but had a whole carton left and didn't know what to do with it. Ryan and I both like mushrooms and I had never made stuffed mushrooms, but I thought I could come up with something that would be tasty-and I think I did!

Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms

4 oz lite cream cheese, softened
about 1/4 c mayo
4 oz can diced green chilis, drained
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz carton whole mushrooms

In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and mayo. Add the green chilis and shredded cheese and stir to combine. Rinse the mushrooms and remove the stems (save for another use by freezing). Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and place mushroom tops on sheet. Fill each top with the cheese mixture. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until heated through and slightly browned on top. A delicious and easy appetizer.

No comments: