Saturday, January 31, 2009

Creamy Coleslaw

I don't know what it is, but I really like coleslaw. I don't know if it's the sweetness of it or the creaminess, but I think it's great. I have made a number of different coleslaw recipes and I just found another one last night that's pretty good too. I always start with the bag of coleslaw mix and just make the dressing. Maybe someday I'll be ambitious enough to actually shred the cabbage and carrot, but not yet. By the way, an interesting fact about cabbage is that a head of cabbage will actually keep in a cool cellar or basement for months, just sitting on the shelf. I thought that was amazing. Now if I can just get my husband to start liking it :)



Creamy Coleslaw From Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook

1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing
1 T vinegar
1 to 2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup celery seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1 bag of shredded coleslaw mix

For dressing, in a large bowl stir together mayo, vinegar, sugar, celery seeds and salt. Add coleslaw mix and stir. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.

Also try these coleslaw recipes:

Super Slaw

John's Summertime Slaw

No comments: