Sunday, January 11, 2009

Orange Zucchini Bread

I grew a ton of zucchini in the garden this last summer and I really enjoy baking with it. To extend zucchini season, I shredded a bunch of the vegetables and froze them in 2-3 c packages to use to bake with during the winter. I was looking for a different kind of zucchini bread recipe since I tend to make the typical bread recipe or zucchini bread with chocolate. Both are very good, but being me I like to try different things. I found this recipe which includes orange and coconut and decided to give it a try. It turned out great!

Orange Zucchini Bread From Kraft.com

2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 c sugar
1/2 c cooking oil
2 tsp orange peel
3 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c orange juice
2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1 c shredded coconut

Grease 2 8x4" loaf pans. Combine the eggs, sugar, oil and orange peel in large bowl. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture and the orange juice alternately to the egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in zucchini and coconut. Spoon into prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes until center is set. Cool on wire rack.

No comments: