Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

These were tasty! I was in the cookie baking mood and found this recipe in my Grandma's collection of recipes. I love the taste of cream cheese and you can never go wrong with chocolate so I gave these a try. And they were goooood!

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese
2 tsp grated orange rind (I omitted, but I'm sure it would give these a nice citrus taste)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Sift together flour and salt. Beat butter, cream cheese, orange rind (if using) and sugar, thoroughly until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, then add flour mixture all at once and beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by leveled tablespoon 1" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and bake at 350 about 15 minutes. Watch closely so as not to burn edges.

No comments: