Saturday, August 22, 2009

Simple Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had been meaning to get this on here yesterday, but was working on a corn freezing project. I was a little tired after shucking 110 ears of corn, blanching them and cutting the kernels off to bag up. 15 quarts of corn! Should be yummy this winter.

Anyway, I try to save recipes that look good as I'm looking through other people's blogs or the emails I get from Better Homes and Gardens or Taste of Home to help me remember to try them later. I got this muffin recipe from www.momadvice.com and had been meaning to try it for a while. I finally got around to it this week and these were such a yummy treat. They were very good with the pecans so I'd highly recommend adding them.

Simple Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Muffins From www.momadvice.com

1 1/4 c. quick cooking oats
1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. chopped pecans
1 1/4 c. flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease each cup of 12 cup muffin pan. Stir egg, oil, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans into the oat and milk mixture. Mix in the cinnamon and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Fill each cup of muffin tin 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with remaining brown sugar and pecans. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments: