Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ginger Peanut Pasta Salad

I continue to harvest delicious veggies from my garden every night. My snow peas are finally dwindling down, but I'm thankful that I picked many peas from the small row that I planted. With veggies galore coming from my garden I hesitate to buy any at the store and timing was just about perfect for all the ingredients to this salad. I've made it before in the middle of the winter and it was yummy, but this time it was much better since it contained numerous veggies fresh from our backyard.

Ginger Peanut Pasta Salad

8 oz pasta, cooked
pea pods
cucumber
2 medium carrots, shredded
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper (I substituted a purple pepper for the yellow and red as mine are not ripe yet)
1 green pepper
green onions
3 T. snipped fresh cilantro
1/3 c. chopped peanuts (I didn't have these and substituted peanut butter for this. I added it to the dressing ingredients.)
1/4 c. oil (sesame and olive oil mix works well)
3 T. rice vinegar
2 T. sugar
2 T. soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger root

Chop the veggies into bite size pieces as desired. Mix all the veggies with the pasta, including the cilantro and peanuts. Mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger root. Include peanut butter if using. Whisk together until combined. Add to the veggie/pasta mix. This can be chilled up to 3 days.

No comments: