Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chili Lime Chicken Salad

This was a delicious salad! It was bursting with flavors and full of fresh garden goodness. I got this recipe from my sister and have been waiting to try it until I had some cherry tomatoes from my garden and it was definitely worth the wait. Enjoy!

Chili Lime Chicken Salad

1 lb. chicken tenders
2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
1 T olive oil
1/4 c. olive oil or salad oil
3 T lime juice
2 T. snipped fresh cilantro
1 T white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
dash ground black pepper
6 cup torn romaine lettuce
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped (omitted since I didn't have, but I'm sure would be awesome in this salad)

In a bowl, toss chicken tenders with chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. In skillet, heat 1 T oil over med-high heat. Add chicken. Cook 8-12 minutes or until cooked through. Turn once. For dressing: in screw top jar, combine 1/4 cup oil, lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt and dash of pepper. Cover and shake well. Arrange lettuce on 4 salad plates. Top with chicken, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.

No comments: