Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Salmon with Yogurt Dill Sauce

I had seen this recipe in my Midwest Living magazine a few weeks ago and was just waiting until I had some ripe cherry tomatoes. Today was the day!! I think I had a few more than the 15 the recipe calls for so I just threw them all in. The fresh dill from my front flower beds was great too! By the way, dill will grow just about anywhere. I had 1 plant last year in a pot on my front deck and this year, I have about 10 volunteer dill plants EVERYWHERE! They are in my garden, my front flower bed, back one behind the propane tank...everywhere. I will have to make a ton of pickles this year I guess. If anyone needs some dill-stop on by!

Salmon with Yogurt Dill Sauce From Midwest Living Magazine

1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
3 lb salmon fillet, with skin, bones removed
20 kalamata olives
15 cherry tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 T chopped dill

Preheat oven to 375. Line a strainer with a double layer of paper coffee filters. Set strainer over sink. Place yogurt into strainer and allow water to strain.

Cover a baking pan with aluminum foil. Place salmon onto pan. Set aside.

In small bowl, mix olives, tomatoes, dried oregano and garlic. Remove 3/4 cup of yogurt and transfer to small bowl. Mix in a tablespoon of chopped dill. Spread dilled yogurt in thin layer over salmon. Top with olive/tomato mixture, evenly covering all of salmon. Bake for 30 minutes.

Stir remaining dill with yogurt. To serve, slice salmon and transfer to plates. Garnish each plate with a dollop of dill sauce and a fresh oregano sprig.

No comments: