Monday, September 28, 2009

Honey Banana Whole Wheat Bread

I made a big batch of raspberry jam the other day and wanted to try some this week. We don't normally buy bread at the store and usually I tend to make more of a quick bread or muffins during the week for breakfasts. I wanted to make more of yeast bread to try my jam on and I found this one which sounded absolutely wonderful. It really turned out great! I used my bread machine to mix the dough and let it raise in there, but then took it out and baked it in the oven. I prefer the loaves that come out of the oven versus the squat loaves from the bread pan. This is a really good, slightly sweet bread machine recipe. Great toasted with jam in the morning or with peanut butter as a sandwich for lunch.

Honey Banana Whole Wheat Bread
1/2 cup warm water
1 T butter or vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
3 T honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup bread flour
1 small banana, sliced
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast

Add to bread machine in order listed. Run dough cycle. Watch as dough is mixed and add more water or flour as needed to achieve the right dough consistency. Remove when machine beeps and place in greased loaf pan. Let raise for 30 more minutes in warm place. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Delicious!

No comments: