Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vegetable Dip

We are harvesting many tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and peppers from our garden right now. I like raw veggies, but my husband is not the biggest fan. He is getting much better and I can sneak chopped up cukes in salads and even tomatoes sometimes and he'll eat them. More often though, he gives me all of the veggies that he doesn't eat from dinner. I found this recipe and whipped this up to enjoy with some cut up carrots, cukes and yellow peppers. Ryan did eat the yellow pepper, but passed on the rest of the veggies. I'll have to just keep trying I guess!

Vegetable Dip From Our Dairy Specialties cookbook

1 cup sour cream
3 tsp onion flakes
3 tsp dill flakes (fresh if available)
1 cup mayo
3 tsp parsley flakes (fresh if available)
3 tsp seasoned salt (or less)

Mix all together at least 1 hour before serving. Good with any vegetable.

No comments: