Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pork Roast Dijon

My husband and I in our goal to eat more locally produced food, purchased half a pig a few months ago. We picked the meat up from the locker and it turns out that a 1/2 a pig is quite a bit of meat. We have chops, sausage, bacon, hams and roasts filling up our freezer. I figured tonight would be a good time to make one of those good pork roasts.

I found this recipe for pork roast Dijon and we had the best meal. I threw some carrots and potatoes chunked up onto the roaster about halfway through cooking the roast that were cooked nicely and slightly browned by the time the meat was finished. We had a nice side of homemade applesauce as well and it was perfect! A wonderful Sunday meal!

Pork Roast Dijon Modified from Six Ingredients or Less Healthy Cooking

2 1/2 pound pork roast
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp rosemary (I cut 4 fresh sprigs off my rosemary plant and used these instead)

Spray a roast pan with cooking spray. Pat roast dry with a paper towel. Place in roast pan. Spread mustard over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 2 sprigs over top and 2 sprigs of rosemary on the side of the roast or sprinkle dried rosemary over top. Roast, uncovered, at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or until thermometer reaches 170 degrees. (My roast was frozen slightly so I roasted for about 2 1/2 hours.) Remove from oven. Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.

No comments: