Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Streusel Apple Pie

This is also known as the best apple pie recipe ever! I am not even sure where I found this recipe, but it is so easy and so incredibly yummy-it is surely one of my favorite apple pie recipes. Last year I was raising money for breast cancer research and one of my fundraisers was baking pies to sell at work. These were definitely a huge hit. I love the sweet apple filling and the buttery streusel topping. Enjoy a slice warm with some vanilla ice cream-you can't beat it!

Streusel Apple Pie

1 unbaked pie shell
6 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
3/4 cup sugar
3 T flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
Streusel: 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter

Mix the pie ingredients. Pour into the unbaked shell. Combine the streusel topping (I like to combine in my food processor) until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the pie. Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Cover the top with foil for the last 25 minutes to prevent over browning.

No comments: