Monday, November 2, 2009

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

We have eaten up all of the ham I made the other week-finally! The ham I baked was delicious and all the meals I made with the leftovers were delicious too...we just had a lot of ham around here. I made this scalloped potato recipe last week with the rest of the leftovers. This version is creamy, but does not have cheese in the sauce. It was really tasty and I loved the thyme that was added to the sauce, just giving it a stronger taste. I really liked this scalloped potato recipe and will definitely make it again, probably after I bake a ham some weekend again!

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham From Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2000
6 T butter, divided
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups milk
6 cups thinly sliced potatoes, peeled
1 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
1 small onion, grated or chopped

In a saucepan, melt 4 T of butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 65 to 75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.

No comments: