Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baked Stuffed Apples

Tonight we had a spinach bacon quiche and these baked apples for dinner. I still have a few pounds of apples I picked from a local orchard and turned many into pies and applesauce, but saw this recipe and had to try it. I was working out at the gym a few weeks ago and watching the food network (probably the only person in the world who watches the food network while running on the treadmill) and on Tyler's Ultimate he was making pork roast with Baked Stuffed Apples. These sounded so good-I had to give them a try. I halved the recipe since it is just my husband and I and we have a couple apples left over for lunches tomorrow. Here's the whole recipe-give it a try!

Baked Stuffed Apples From Tyler's Ultimate on the Food Network
8 Gala or Golden Delicious apples (I used Red Reagent)
lemon juice
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 to 2 large corn muffins, crumbled, reserve some for the top
1/2 cup golden raisins
6 sage leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper
1 cup hard cider

Mix the butter, corn muffin crumbles, raisins, sage, garlic, brown sugar and salt and pepper in bowl. Core apples and slightly enlarge cavity in center. Brush center with lemon juice. Spoon stuffing into the center of the apple. Place filled apples in baking dish. Sprinkle remaining muffin crumbles on top and pour cider around apples (I used some fruit wine since I did not have any hard cider). Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: