Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cappuccino Cake Brownies

I had a fantastic baking weekend. I wish I would have gotten more done, but I have dinner rolls, 2 apples pies and 2 poppy seed rolls in the freezer to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. I had to work all day today (the joys of working in a SNF) because of the holiday this week and our travels to WI so I didn't get much baking done today. I did make a yummy quiche, some baked apples and these brownies for dinner tonight. These were thrown together literally in about 5 minutes and were full of chocolaty coffee goodness. A great way to finish off dinner!

Cappuccino Cake Brownies From Taste of Home
1 T instant coffee granules
2 tsp boiling water
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon

In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and coffee mixture. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 8x8" baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cute into squares.

No comments: