Monday, February 23, 2009

Seasoned Couscous

We love couscous! I was so excited when I found couscous in the bulk foods section at the store tonight. We really like it, but it seems difficult to find just plain. I filled a bag about a third full and was excited to bring my treat home. If you've never had it before, it is actually a small pasta, tinier than rice. It cooks up so fast and with different seasonings it can be pretty versatile. I needed to make something quick and this is what I found on Taste of Home website.

Seasoned Couscous

2 cups water
1 T butter
1 T dried parsley
2 tsp chicken boullion granules
1/2 tsp dry minced onion
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
10 oz couscous

Mix everything but the couscous in a quart size saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove lid, fluff couscous and enjoy! It's that easy!

No comments: