Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chicken and Biscuits

Yeah for kraft.com!!! Actually, this is a recipe from the kraft magazine, Food and Family. This a free magazine that is sent 4x a year I believe with easy and yummy recipes. Go to kraft.com to sign up!

I made this the other night when I didn't want to make anything too difficult, but I was looking for some comfort food. This hit the spot!

Chicken and Biscuits

1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup sour cream, divided
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I used a mix of frozen corn and peas which I actually forgot to thaw and just cooked the casserole a about 15 minutes longer)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup baking mix
3 T milk

Heat oven to 375. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8" square baking dish. Add chicken, vegetables and cheese. mix. Place baking mix in medium bowl. Add remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and milk; stir until a stiff dough forms (I had to add a little more milk). Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls inot 6 mounds over chicken mixture. Bake 35 minutes (or 50 if veggies still frozen) or until biscuits are golden brown and chicken mixture is hot and bubbly. Cover the dish with aluminum foil if the biscuits are browing too quickly.

No comments: