Friday, February 6, 2009

Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts

This has got to be one of the best chicken recipes I've ever tried. These were pretty simple to put together and the cook up pretty quickly on the stovetop. I made sure to thaw the chicken out more than I usually probably would have and probably cooked them a little longer than I would have had to, but I was waiting for the rest of dinner to finish up. They turned out great anyway! This is a definite must try!

Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts From Taste of Home Healthy Cooking

1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 T grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 T Dijon mustard
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter or margarine

Place the first 6 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

No comments: