Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rice Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette

This was another dish I made on the 4th. It was simple to make and very good. I nice change from the pasta and potato salads I usually make.

Rice Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette from Taste of Home

2 c cooked long grain rice
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c diced sweet red pepper
1/2 c diced sweet yellow pepper (I omitted both of these peppers and added a green pepper)
4 1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
3 T olive or vegetable oil
2 T cider or white wine vinegar
2 T water
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a bowl, combine the rice, beans, peppers and cilantro. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well (I whisked the ingredients in a bowl). Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments: