Saturday, December 19, 2009

Traditional Chex Mix

I don't know why, but I always feel like Christmas just isn't going to be the same if I don't make Chex mix. The ingredients are available all year and would be delicious anytime of year, but it always seems like this is a treat that I need to make for the holidays. I tend to use this simple recipe every year and I've used it for so long I don't even remember where it came from. It is delicious!

Traditional Chex Mix
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
4 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 2/3 cup corn chex
2 2/3 cup rice chex
2 2/3 cup wheat chex
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup pretzels

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In open roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Remove. Stir in seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually add cereals, nuts and pretzels, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in air tight container. Makes 9 cups.

No comments: