Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Pea Stir-Fry

My garden has been bursting with peas lately. I planted snow peas and peas in the pod and with all the moisture we've had and the cooler weather we've been having, my peas are growing like weeds. My snow peas have grown up over my 3 foot tall rabbit fence by about foot and a 1/2! I picked and picked peas yesterday and was able to put away 3 bags in the freezer to enjoy this winter. I made this dish a few nights ago with some fresh snow peas that I had picked. It's yummy!

Three Pea Stir-Fry From Simply in Season
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T ginger root, minced
1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed hot chilies
1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas (omitted and snow peas doubled, cut in 1" pieces)
1 1/2 cups snow peas, cut in 1" pieces
1 cup peas
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp seasame oil
toasted sesame seeds

Heat 1 T oil in large frypan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add first 3 ingredients and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sugar snap and snow peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add peas and stir-fry until hot, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt to taste. Serve immediately with fluffy white rice.

No comments: