Sunday, November 9, 2008

Veryl's Hot Dish

I'm not sure who Veryl is, but his hot dish is tasty. I got this recipe from the Saint Anne's Church Cookbook. I was looking for a dish I could make with things I already had at home so I didn't have to make a trip to the store. This was so good...another hot casserole on a cold, windy night. I do really enjoy those comfort foods as the weather is cooling off and the snow has started falling. This is a cheesy dish that I will definitely make again.

Veryl's Hot Dish

1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used 1 pound of ground venison)
1 medium onion, diced
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 pkg medium egg noodles, cooked
grated cheddar cheese

Saute onion in butter or margarine. Add meat and brown. Mix in other ingredients except cheese. Put in greased casserole. Bake 30-45 minutes at 375. Put cheese on top for the last 15 minutes.

No comments: