Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kalamata Lemon Chicken

I know I've been posting a lot of baking recipes lately. I've been just kind of throwing stuff together that I have, making up my own dinners and not really following any recipe. Tonight I found this recipe, had most of the ingredients on hand and thought I'd share this yummy dish with everyone.

Kalamata Lemon Chicken From Better Homes and Gardens

1 to 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (I substituted chicken breasts)
1 T olive oil
2/3 cup dried orzo pasta
1/2 cup drained, pitted kalamata olives
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1/2 of lemon, cut into wedges or chunks (I omited since I didn't have this)
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp dried Greek seasoning (use a combo of Italian seasonings and oregano)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

In a skillet, brown chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes, turning once. Stir in orzo, olives, broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a 2 qt rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 400 degree oven about 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooo... i am a super fan of sweet and sour food! sigh. i want the Lemon Chicken sooooo badly right now. with rice.

Here I bought a sauce pack so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com