Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rhubarb Bread

I have not been good about keeping this site updated with new recipes. I've been doing quite a bit of baking and cooking lately, but I've also been doing a lot of gardening and yardwork which has limited my computer time. I will work on adding more new recipes in a more timely manner :)

I had some more rhubarb left to use up and I found this recipe. I didn't have a ton left so the 1 1/2 cups was perfect. This bread was so moist and tasty. It disappeared fast!

Rhubarb Bread From Sparks from the Kitchen

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sour milk (I mixed 2 tsp lemon juice with the remaining amount of milk)
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup diced rhubarb
1/2 cup nuts, chopped

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the above together and pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans (7x5" approximately).

Topping: Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp softened butter. Sprinkle on top of bread. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments: