Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mixed Pasta Salad

I made this for the Superbowl and since Ryan and his brothers don't really care for vegetables, there was enough left for lunch for me for a few days. It turned out really good and was really simple. I got this recipe from "Sparks from the Kitchen", the Florence Herman cookbook.

1 pkg pasta, any shape desired (I figured about 8 oz)
1/2 cup creamy or regular Italian dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Sugar to taste (I didn't need to add any)

Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse and toss with salad oil if desired. Mix Italian dressing, mayo and sugar together until well blended. Pour over pasta. Add your favorite vegetables, such as celery, onions, carrots, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and ripe olives.

It was almost better the next couple days.

No comments: