Friday, May 13, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

We have already gotten our first harvest from the garden this year! I planted some asparagus plants 3 years ago and have been patiently waiting to harvest some (it's recommended to wait 3 years to harvest so they get established). When I checked it on Sunday there were a few stalks a couple inches tall, when I checked it yesterday those couple stacks had grown to over a foot tall and there were a number of other ones poking out of the ground. In total I only got a 1/4 of a pound of asparagus, but it was a yummy treat tonight with dinner. I am going to check for more tomorrow and probably buy some more at the farmers market. It's only around for a short time! If you are not a huge asparagus fan, I would try roasting it. It is so yummy with only a hint of the asparagus taste.

Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus stalks
olive oil
salt
pepper
Wash and trim stalks. Place on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roll the stalks in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of stalks at 425 degrees, turning once. Enjoy!

No comments: