Monday, April 26, 2010

Red Pepper and Parmesan Tilapia

I love any food with a little zip to it. This dish was really simple to make and so yummy! Give it a try when you don't have a lot of prep time for dinner.

Red Pepper and Parmesan Tilapia From Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking
1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tilapia filets (6 oz each)

Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and pepper. Dip fillets in egg, then cheese mixture.

Place in a 15x10" baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I made this last week. Really easy and Dave liked it a lot. I had used frozen tilapia filets that I thawed for a day in the fridge.

Jackie said...

Fish seems to be my fast food meal. When I don't know what else to make, I try and figure out what I can do with fish since it cooks so fast.